Enjoy Fresh Winter Vegetables in Nov. and Dec. through Our Winter CSA
At Snipes Farm, we continue to grow, harvest and distribute vegetables all through the winter months, which can be purchased at our Saturday Farm Market or through our CSA program.
What’s a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It’s a long-standing partnership between a community farm like ours and the local people who wish to support our practice of sustainable, organic farming by making regular, pre-paid pickups of our produce.
Traditional Share — A CSA traditional share is essentially a weekly share of vegetables grown on the farm. You pay a set price for the season, then pick up a bag of freshly harvested veggies every week on a Thursday or Saturday.
As our warm weather CSA comes to an end, we offer a shorter CSA season in November and December. Here’s how it works:
Traditional Winter Share Details – This year’s Winter CSA season runs for three or four weeks, depending on which day you choose to pick up your share: on a Thursday or a Saturday.
Be sure to Sign Up for Your Winter Shares by Monday, November 27
- Thursday Pickup Dates & Location: If you plan to pick up your shares on Thursdays, the Winter CSA season will run for four weeks, starting on Thursday, November 30, and continuing every Thursday through December 21. Thursday shares can be picked up at the Snipes Farm CSA barn (follow the signs on our driveway).
- Thursday Pricing: If you sign up for Thursday pick-ups before Monday, November 27, you will receive the discounted price of $125 for all four weekly shares.
- Saturday Pickup Dates & Location: If you plan to pick up your shares on a Saturday, the Winter CSA season will run for three weeks, starting on Saturday, December 2, and continuing fir two more Saturdays through December 16. Saturday shares can be picked up at the Big Red Barn (at the end of our driveway).
- Saturday Pricing: If you sign up for Saturday pickups before Monday, November 27, you will receive the discounted price of $100 for all three weekly shares.
Per Diem Option: You can also choose to pick up veggie shares on select Thursdays and/or Saturdays throughout the winter season (which starts on Thursday, November 30, and continues weekly on Thursdays and Saturdays through December 16).
- Early bird price is $35 for each per diem share selected by Nov 27. Put date(s) selected in comments section of order form.
- Price is $40 for each per diem share selected after Nov 27. Put date(s) selected in comments section of order form.
What You Get: Vegetables you will likely find in your Winter share are: Lettuce, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, collards, Pac choi, napa cabbage, turnips, daikon radishes, potatoes, Swiss chard, winter squash, cooking apples, cilantro, frozen ginger. Your share will be made up of the farmer's pick of each week's harvest.
Fruit at Snipes Farm
If you purchase a Market Share then you can use your prepaid member card towards fruit, jams, Mighty Cider and other special items throughout the season. Keep this in mind when deciding which share level is right for you. If you purchase a Traditional Share then all of these items will be available to you for cash purchase.
Fresh naturally grown fruit straight from the farm! Some of our seasonal fruits are Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries and Melons.