We look forward to an exciting CIT program returning in 2021!
In the meanwhile consider volunteering on the farm this summer. Contact: email@example.com to explore the options.
Snipes Farm Day Camp Counselor in Training (CIT) Program provides volunteers the opportunity to gain confidence and skills through service and leadership training. A two week commitment is required to participate.
The CIT Program includes:
- Orientation during camp staff training
- Team building and leadership training activities
- Designated staff to supervise and mentor
- Goal setting and support to achieve goals set
- Training to lead simple activities or projects (songs, cheers, games, or a craft activity)
CITs are required to:
- Be enthusiastic helpers to camp directors, instructors, and counselors
- Be willing and caring mentors to younger campers by modeling SFDC guidelines for demonstrating responsibility, reliability, stewardship, creativity, and building friendship and community
CIT duties will include:
- Helping with daily staff chores and camp chores
- Assisting campers during instructional activities and during free time
- Supporting camp staff as needed and helping each day to be a good one!
There is no cost for participation in the CIT program.
For more information, please contact Camp Director Melanie Douty-Snipes at 215-295-1139 ext. 105 or MelanieDS@snipesfarm.org